Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Flavor of the Week

New Fanta out!! Very exciting. And what is it? It is a mystery... Yes. It is Fanta Mystery Soda. Leave it to the master marketers here in Japan to come up with the ultimate "must purchase" item. And given that they sell drinks like milk soda or black vinegar and squash, you know the consumers are buying with an open mouth, if you will.

Now there are fruits on the label next to all of the big question marks, so I guess it is not octopus soda or tofu soda. Let's try some.

I've just twisted the plastic lid open and got a nice 'spppt" out of the carbonation. Excellent. Smells melony... I'll let it breathe for a minute. Still smells kind of melony. Maybe a hint of peach. Not too sweet. I think it is peach soda. I don't think it is a multi-fruit soda. I am going to go with peach. That is my final answer.

Let's see what David has to say. David seems to be a bit cranky. First he took a sip and then said, "I don't know." Then I pressed him saying... "baby, it is for the blog... come on." Then he tried again and said "Stale Ginger Ale". We are going to leave him alone to download some 90's rock.

There is also another kit-kat flavor out... Carmel. It is excellent. It has carmely flavored chocolate on the outside. Delicious.

No comments: